Federal Pointe Inn Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
At the Federal Pointe Inn we take the health and safety of our guests and hotel staff seriously. We continue to monitor and follow the guidelines set by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as state and local health departments and agencies.
Stay with Confidence
We have implemented procedures to help maintain a safe environment for all guests and visitors of Federal Pointe Inn. The Front Desk and Housekeeping staff clean with a hydrogen peroxide-based cleaner and disinfectant considered effective by the CDC and EPA-approved. Ensuring that all commonly handled items and touch points are being disinfected regularly throughout the day.
These items include:
- All door handles - entrances/exit doors, guest rooms, common area doors
- Stair banisters
- Counter tops
- Ice Machines/buckets
- Soda Machine
- Keurig Coffee Maker
Our housekeeping staff sanitize each guest room during the cleaning process. Making sure to hit every touch point in the room e.g. remotes, telephones, door handles, dresser handles, bathroom fixtures, etc... Guest rooms remain dormant for 24 hours after cleaning before welcoming our next guests.
Bed and bath linens are washed in our computer-controlled and monitored laundry facility with water temperatures hot enough to kill viruses. We use detergents with chemicals that eliminate viruses as well. The carts used to transport linens are sanitized with fast-acting disinfectants. The computer-controlled laundry system is monitored consistently and requires 100% compliance in order to operate.
For hotel staff who have direct contact with guests, e.g. front desk staff, we provide surface disinfecting products for counter tops, credit card reader, pens, and key cards. We also provide hand sanitizer bottles for our staff. All staff and guests are asked to wear face masks in public areas at this time.
Our managers have been provided with details of the CDC guidelines to share with hotel staff. We have communicated directly to all hotel staff regarding the necessity of safe hand washing and hygiene practices.
From the CDC: " CDC always recommends every day prevention actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth [with unwashed hands.]
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces [such as your laptop or cell phone.]
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing you nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty."
Changes to Your Reservations
Of course, all of our extra efforts do not change the fact that we are faced with many changes to travel plans. If you are affected by travel restrictions, we will work with you to adjust your hotel reservations.
Ready to Meet Your Expectations
Our reputation in the hospitality industry is built on providing superior, personalized service. Times like these demand that we operate about and beyond to meet your expectations. Rest assured, we are prepared to respond to all the changes we may face to provide a safe and secure environment.
Your well being has and always will remain our greatest priority.
Peter M. Monahan
Federal Pointe Inn